To submit any files to the archive, you must first tell the archive what files you are planning to submit. This is done at your personal archive configuration page.
For each file you plan to submit you should provide:
- File Code: The ICARTT-format file code to use for this file. This must be a string containing only letters, numbers, or dashes ("-"). No spaces or underscores("_") are allowed. An instrument's acronym makes a good file code. If an instrument has multiple associated archive files, the instrument acronym plus a word or two describing the specific file can be used. If a file code contains multiple words, use uppercase characters to distinguish the words (e.g., "CodeWithMultipleWords"). Dashes can also be used to separate words in cases where uppercase doesn't work (for example, when separating an instrument acronyms or other all-uppercase words).
- File type: Whether the file is archive data or an image.
- Platform: The aircraft or other platform to which the instrument is mounted. "WB-57" for all instruments flying on the WB-57
- Mission: MACPEX
- PI: The surname of the principal investigator for this instrument
- Instruments included in this file: Use the checkboxes to select which instrument(s)' data is included in this file.
- Description: A brief description of the data contained in the file
If you need to add a new type of file, use the "Add New File Code" box to provide the file details.
File types are grouped on the page according to the instrument team responsible for the files. Any member of the instrument team will be allowed to upload the files listed.
If you need to add a file that is not related to your instrument team (or if you are part of a theory team that wishes to submit data to the archive), use the bottom section of the page, "Create new MACPEX team". By default, you will be the only member of the team (i.e., you will be the only person allowed to submit any associated files). However, other people can subsequently be added to the team as necessary.
Most MACPEX users should find pre-filled information on the archive configuration page -- default entries have been filled in for any instrument teams that have previously submitted data to the archive, based on what has been submitted for past campaigns.
- For any existing entries on the page, check that the file code is one that you want to use for your instrument data.
- If you are not planning to use that type of file during MACPEX, you can delete the entry by deleting the contents of the File Code input box.
- Even if all of the data on the page is correct to start with, you should still hit "Submit" at the bottom of the page to confirm the information. Until you hit submit, the archive will consider the information to be preliminary (and a message will appear at the bottom of the page complaining that the information is preliminary).
To provide for archive continuity, any pre-filled file entries will also list the Ames-format file code previously used for this data. This information should be visible immediately below the File Code input box. It will guarantee that there are cross-links between your MACPEX data and any data from past campaigns.
- If the new files will contain substantially different information than the Ames-format files, delete the existing entry (blank its File Code) and create a new entry with the ICARTT file information.
- If the Ames-format file code is missing, contact the data archivist to get the Ames file code added. Provide the ICARTT File Code plus the Ames File Code you would like to associate with it.